Preventive Dentistry in Pembroke, ON
Preventive Dentistry in Pembroke, ON
Protect Your Smile’s Health and Integrity
At Parkview Dental, we believe that preventive dentistry is the foundation for a lifetime of good oral health. Dr. James Munro and his team are dedicated to providing their patients with the highest standard of preventive dental care.
Our preventive dentist in Pembroke, ON, uses the latest dental technology and techniques to help keep your mouth healthy and functioning. We provide preventive services to patients from Petawawa, Brumsfield, and Cobden.
What is Preventive Dentistry?
Preventive dentistry focuses on promoting oral health and preventing dental problems before they develop. The main goal of dental prevention is to maintain good oral health and avoid more complex and costly treatments in the future. By receiving regular preventive dental care at Parkview Dental, patients can reduce their risk of developing dental problems.
Benefits of Preventive Dentistry
There are several benefits to preventive dentistry, including:
- Oral Health Maintenance: Preventive dentistry helps maintain good oral health by preventing problems or detecting and treating them before they become more severe.
- Reduces Risk of Serious Complications: Regular preventive dental care can reduce the risk of developing dental problems such as cavities, gum disease, and oral cancer.
- Prevents Costly Issues: Preventive dental care is often less expensive than more complex and costly treatments, such as root canal therapy or dental implants. We can help patients can save money on future dental treatments by detecting and treating dental problems early.
- Tooth Preservation: Preventive dental care helps preserve your natural teeth. Dental prevention can help individuals avoid more complex and costly treatments, such as dental implants.
- Boosts Self-Esteem: Good oral health and a confident smile can boost self-esteem and improve your overall quality of life by helping individuals maintain good oral health and a confident smile.
Our Preventive Dentistry Services
A hygiene visit is a type of preventive dental appointment that focuses on cleaning and maintaining the health of your teeth and gums. During a hygiene visit, our dental hygienist will clean your teeth to remove plaque and tartar, which can lead to gum disease and tooth decay if they remain in place. The hygienist may also provide fluoride treatment and give you instructions on maintaining good oral hygiene at home.
A dental exam is a comprehensive evaluation of your oral health, including a visual examination of your teeth, gums, and mouth. During a dental exam, Dr. Munro will check for any signs of dental problems, such as cavities, gum disease, and oral cancer. Our Pembroke preventive dentist may also take X-rays to identify any underlying dental issues.
Oral Cancer Screenings
An oral cancer screening is a crucial component of preventive dental care that helps us detect oral cancer in its early stages when it is most treatable. During an oral cancer screening, Dr. Munro will examine the inside of your mouth, including your lips, tongue, gums, and cheeks, for any signs of abnormal cells or tissue. Early detection and treatment of oral cancer can improve the chances of successful treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the main goal of preventive dentistry?
The main goal of preventive dentistry is to promote oral health and prevent dental problems before they develop. This involves various measures aimed at preserving healthy teeth, gums, and oral tissues, as well as detecting and treating issues in their early stages.
Why is preventive dental care important?
Preventive dental care is crucial for several reasons. By detecting and treating dental problems in their early stages, preventive dentistry can help you avoid more complex and costly treatments down the road. It also helps to maintain good oral health, which is linked to overall health and well-being.
What can I expect at a preventive dental visit?
At a preventive dental visit, you can expect the following:
- A thorough dental examination, including an oral cancer screening
- Cleaning of your teeth and gums to remove plaque and tartar
- Fluoride treatment to strengthen your teeth and protect against decay
- X-rays to identify any underlying problems
- Discussion of your oral health and any concerns you may have
- Recommendations for maintaining good oral health, including tips on brushing and flossing
Overall, preventive dental visits are crucial for maintaining good oral health and preventing future dental problems.
How much does preventive dentistry cost?
The cost of preventive dentistry varies based on the specific treatment or procedure. Some preventive treatments may be covered by dental insurance, while others may require out-of-pocket payment. It is best to consult with your dentist and insurance provider for an estimate of the cost of preventive dental care.